- We offer you an incredible selection of some of the best, top quality documentaries. Our contribution has been to add subtitles to these videos to make them available to a wider range of viewers, for those who want to improve their English in an enjoyable, relaxed and informative way. They are also of great benefit to the hearing impaired.
- The videos we offer are not on this server, they are obtained from Vimeo, MVGroup, Youtube and other sources in the public domain. They may include their imbedded publicity. These are top quality videos in English and all very carefully chosen by our team to ensure a high level of interest in the subject matter and excellent quality of the documentaries themselves.
· Help us to build a useful Internet, full of high quality, enjoyable and informative content. Join us in our project!
- If you want to collaborate with us, send us a link to the video you think would be of interest to our social media links (bottom of this page.) Bear in mind that it should originate from a source that is in the public domain, like those mentioned earlier. We will then review it, index it, produce and add the subtitles and make it easily accessible from our Websites.
- If you wish to collaborate even further with our community, you can always produce the subtitles. Subtitles tutorial. When they’re ready, send us the subtitles files to our social media along with the video link so we can proceed in the same way as mentioned above.
- We are working hard on this project in order to offer you all this content without you having to register and with respectful and useful publicity.
- We are firmly committed to the promotion of Culture, Learning and Altruistic Collaboration.
- Our warmest greetings and thanks for your interest and support!
A documentary film or documentary is a non-fictional motion-picture intended to "document reality, primarily for the purposes of instruction, education or maintaining a historical record".
Early documentary films, originally called "actuality films", lasted one minute or less. Over time, documentaries have evolved to become longer in length, and to include more categories. Some examples are educational, observational and docufiction. Documentaries are very informative, and are often used within schools as a resource to teach various principles. Documentary filmmakers have a responsibility to be truthful to their vision of the world without intentionally misrepresenting a topic.
Documentary practice is the complex process of creating documentary projects. It refers to what people do with media devices, content, form, and production strategies to address the creative, ethical, and conceptual problems and choices that arise as they make documentaries. Documentary filmmaking can be used as a form of journalism, advocacy, or personal expression.
Box office analysts have noted that this film genre has become increasingly successful in theatrical release with films such as Fahrenheit 9/11, Super Size Me, Food, Inc., Earth, March of the Penguins, and An Inconvenient Truth among the most prominent examples. Documentaries are shown in schools around the world in order to educate students. Used to introduce various topics to children, they are often used with a school lesson or shown many times to reinforce an idea.
Media platforms have provided an avenue for the growth of the documentary-film genre. These platforms have increased the distribution area and ease-of-accessibility.